If your home is 20 years or older or if you had some renovations done over the years you may need to have your home rewired to meet today’s codes and higher safety standards. Faulty workmanship and older wiring can deteriorate leaving the wires exposed and prone to spark fires. In most cases, the older the wiring, the more likely you home needs to be rewired.
Other safety concern with older homes is the electric panel. The electric panel is where the circuit breakers and fuses are stored. The power from the outside the home comes into the electric panel where it is circulated to the numerous breakers and fuses. Older or worn out electric panels may not provide enough electricity for today’s needs. If you have fuses blowing and breakers tripping, this is usually a sign the electric panel is not keeping up with your electrical needs.
Additionally, older, worn out panel may not cut the electricity when there is a power surge or a power leak. This can result in melted wires, spark fires or create a shock hazard.
If you have any of these warning signs it’s time to call Performance Air Conditioning, Electric & Plumbing;
- Frequent blown fuses or tripped breakers
- Dimming or flickering lights, indicating the circuit is overloaded or has a loose connection
- Hot or discolored switch plates, cords or plugs
- Light bulbs that frequently burn out in a socket, signaling a fixture that can’t handle the bulb wattage
- Buzzing or sizzling sounds
- A burning smell
- Arcs or sparks from an outlet when you plug or unplug a cord
- Loose outlets
- Cracked, cut or broken insulation
To schedule a FREE Electrical Safety Inspection call – 727-308-3800 today.
Call Us Today. Our Live Expert Staff is Standing By 24/7.
- Air Conditioning & Heating
- Main Office